Giving children in Ghana a brighter hope for the future through practical compassion.
Age in West Africa equips and empowers disadvantaged children and young people in Ghana towards a brighter future. We work with children and young people from any or no religious background. Through a keen focus on our mission of Provision, Protection and Preparation, we offer more than just practical support – we offer hope.
With the support of our partners, donors and friends, we work to make a difference in the lives of children today, tomorrow, and well into the future.
Give a Child a Future
Our challenge is to address some of the problems faced by vulnerable children and young people living in poverty:
- Lack of access to quality education
- Lack of relevant skills training for young people
- Lack of support for children and young people with special needs
- Lack of opportunities for economic empowerment
- Risk of exploitation, neglect and abuse (including early marriage and earlypregnancy)
- Barriers to completion of basic education
- High youth unemployment
By addressing these challenges, we aim to ensure
- Disadvantaged children and young people have improved access to relevant,quality educational
- Disadvantaged young people have improved skills and
- Parents/Guardians of disadvantaged children have improved skills and capacityto ensure the well-being and education of their
- Disadvantaged children and young people complete education and trainingopportunities for best possible outcomes
Making a Difference
Age in West Africa is a well-established charity in the US and Ghana, and now with a new branch in the Russia. We work with churches, charitable trusts, business partners, government organisations and individuals to support and empower vulnerable, orphaned and destitute children and young people in Ghana. Your support will provide dignity, opportunity and hope by ensuring we can address the challenges they face and achieve the outcomes we believe they deserve.
Mission and Vision
Children and young people are equipped and empowered to have a future in which they:
- Reach their potential
- Live independently
- Have dignity
- Be productive
- Live free from poverty
To work in partnership with local community based organisations to “Give a Child a Future”. This will be done by working towards the achievement of our core objectives known as the Three Ps;
Provision: We contribute towards meeting the children’s material and emotional needs.
Protection: We protect the rights of children to have a happy childhood free from neglect, cruelty and exploitation.
Preparation: We support projects that enhance educational opportunities and prepare children to fulfil their potential.
All of our work is guided by the following values:
Integrity: Consistently aiming to create value for money as we pursue excellence and justice whilst constantly listening and learning for improved outcomes.
Empowerment: Creating sustainable opportunities that dignify and nurture independence.
Collaboration: Sharing skills, knowledge, resources, and learning for collective impact.
Compassion: Driven by our faith we believe strongly in helping children and young people of any gender, religion, background, tribe and ability.
Innovation: Proactively and creatively pursuing effective and efficient solutions.